YouTube Timestamp link generator
Have you ever wanted to share a specific moment of a YouTube video with someone, but didn’t want to make them watch the whole video or skip to the right time? If so, you might be interested in learning how to create and share YouTube timestamp links.
A YouTube timestamp link is a special type of URL that allows you to jump directly to a certain point in a YouTube video. For example, if you want to share a funny scene from a movie, a highlight from a sports game, or a tip from a tutorial, you can use a YouTube timestamp link to do so.
Creating a YouTube timestamp link is easy, but it can be tedious and time-consuming if you have to do it manually. That’s why we recommend using a generator tool that can help you create YouTube timestamp links in seconds.
How to Create a YouTube Timestamp Link Using a Generator Tool
To create a YouTube timestamp link using a generator tool, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Find the YouTube video you want to share and play it.
- Pause the video at the specific time you want to timestamp.
- Right-click on the video player (or tap and hold on mobile devices) at the timestamped moment.
- Select “Copy video URL” from the menu that appears.
- Paste the copied URL in the generator tool and select the minute and second that you want to include in the video link by entering it in the designated fields.
- Copy the generated URL with the embedded timestamp and share it with others.
Here is an example of how it looks like:
As you can see, the generated URL has a parameter called t that indicates the time in seconds. For example, t=45 means one minute into the video.
Tips and Tricks for Using YouTube Timestamp Links
Now that you know how to create YouTube timestamp links using a generator tool, here are some tips and tricks for using them effectively:
- How to edit or remove a timestamp from a URL manually: If you want to edit or remove a timestamp from a URL manually, you can do so by changing or deleting the t parameter in the URL. For example, if you want to change the timestamp from one minute to two minutes, you can change t=60 to t=120. If you want to remove the timestamp altogether, you can delete t=60 from the URL.
- How to create multiple timestamps in one URL using commas or semicolons: If you want to create multiple timestamps in one URL, you can do so by separating them with commas or semicolons. For example, if you want to create three timestamps at one minute, two minutes, and three minutes, you can use t=60,120,180 or t=60;120;180 in the URL. This will allow you to jump between different points in the video by clicking on them.
- How to add custom text or labels to the timestamps using parentheses or brackets: If you want to add custom text or labels to the timestamps, you can do so by using parentheses or brackets after the time. For example, if you want to add “Funny scene” as a label for one minute, you can use t=60(Funny scene) or t=60[Funny scene] in the URL. This will display the text or label next to the time when you hover over it.
- How to embed a YouTube video with a timestamp in a website or blog using HTML code: If you want to embed a YouTube video with a timestamp in your website or blog, you can do so by using HTML code. You can get the HTML code from the generator tool or from YouTube itself. To get the HTML code from YouTube, you need to click on the “Share” button below the video, then click on the “Embed” tab, and copy the code. To add a timestamp to the HTML code, you need to add ?start= followed by the time in seconds at the end of the video URL. For example, if you want to embed a video with a timestamp at one minute, you can add ?start=60 at the end of the video URL in the HTML code.
Here is an example of how it looks like:
As you can see, the video starts playing from one minute when you load the page.
YouTube timestamp links are a great way to share specific moments of YouTube videos with others, without making them watch the whole video or skip to the right time. They are also useful for creating video clips, snippets, segments, sections, parts, portions, slices, cuts, trims, edits, shares, embeds, URLs, and links.
Use a text size calculator to easily measure the digital size of any text input.
Use a file mime type checker tool to check the properties of any file type and get relevant data.
Use the gravatar checker tool to get the gravatar.com globally recognized avatar for any email.
Use the online signature generator tool to design a signature that suits your style and download it seamlessly for your use.
Utilize our CSS minifier tool to efficiently condense your CSS files. ensuring your stylesheets are lean and optimized for faster loading times.
Generate deep link mailto with subject, body, cc, bcc & get the HTML code as well.